Tuesday, May 10, 2011

NYR 5-9-11 - the bus stop

I'm not really sure what route Mac's school van takes because it seems like they're always changing the route. If we're out early enough in the morning at the bus stop, we see it come down our cross street but then it wiggles around somehow and comes down the street that our building fronts.

(And if we're out early enough to see it drive down the cross street, then I always say we're going to come out a few minutes later the next morning because they're no sense in seeing the bus drive by.)

This morning, we saw the van drive by on the cross street and I commented that maybe it was just going to do a loop at the end of the block and come right back down for Mac (which it's done before). Mac told me that wasn't the route now, but I didn't believe him so we made a little bet. We walked the short way to the end of the block to see where the van was.

Of course we didn't see the van looping back down to come pick up Mac immediately, and Mac won the bet.

In the meantime, while we were standing on the street corner (near where we've been catching the bus for the last 8.5 months) and laughing about my losing the bet, this guy who was out walking his dogs obviously thought we looked like we didn't know what bus to get on. So he directed us - in English - to the big American School bus that was stopped right at the stoplight. His children must ride that bus because he told us the number of the school bus in case that would help us get Mac on the right bus. I told him thanks, but Mac attends CGB (not CNG) and we were just looking for his van.

Then one of Mac's friends on the CNG bus opened his bus window and started hollering that Mac must have missed the school van because the CGB kids who live in his building had already left on their bus. I hollered back thanks, but Mac takes a different bus than those kids and that his bus was coming.

For so many people who are so concerned about our bus welfare, I am truly thankful. It's a wonder that I've gotten Mac on the right school bus once by myself in the last 8.5 months!

No comments: