Wednesday, May 11, 2011

NYR 5-11-11 - the glass factory

Today I went with three friends to a little gem of a place in Bogota that is known as "the glass factory". I'm sure it has an official name, but when people (or at least expats) speak of "the glass factory", everybody else (or at least the other expats) know exactly where they're talking about.

I didn't go with an agenda. One friend is leaving Bogota soon and needed to get some things, so the rest of us tagged along for fun. I've only been one other time and knew that I'd find something to bring home, but I wasn't sure what.

I ended up buying this little stash - - which I intend to use with pillar candles on our terrace for a little romantic ambiance in the night. I also got an enormous, but simple, vase that I intend to use for all these gorgeous - and CHEAP - long-stem roses that Colombia is famous for.

The price of my extravagance today?

A whole $40!

I would have spent $40 on one of the pieces alone had I been shopping at Pier 1!

For another perk of life in Bogota - and for nearly having the terrace of my dreams - I am truly thankful!

No comments: