Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NYR 5-2-11 - a teacher workday = fun

Today was a teacher workday at CGB so Mac and I had a full day of fun together. We were scheduled for back-to-back tennis lessons, but my tennis coach had strep throat so Mac and I played tennis with a friend and her son. I use the term "played" very loosely. It was a lot of wild balls and flying racquets, but the boys proved to be great ballboys. They didn't recognize that as work... yet.

Afterwards, I took Mac and his friend to eat at Subway (I know. We're living large) and to see the Disney Nature film "African Cats". The movie was dubbed in Spanish and the boys bought my story that these nature films have more "doing than talking" until about 30 seconds into the film, when they realized there was a lot more "talking that doing" and they weren't really understanding the "talking". I promised an ice cream cone if they'd just sit quietly so as not to disturb the surprising number of adults in the theater at a 1pm show on weekday. The ice cream cones seemed to erase any bad thoughts they had about seeing a movie in Spanish.

For a great day with my boy, I am truly thankful.

No comments: