Sunday, May 8, 2011

NYR 5-7-11 - a great lunch with a hot date

Mac had a birthday party this afternoon from 1-4pm, so Jimmy and I took advantage of this opportunity to eat at one of my favorite restaurants for lunch with the girls. 69 Oyster is a FABULOUS experience from start to finish and I was excited to introduce Jimmy to it.

Their tomato soup is divine - fresh tomatoes and lots of fresh basil and finished off with croutons and little chunks of mozzarella. We decided to share the soup so we could also share another appetizer of stacked grilled eggplant, grilled tomato and mozzarella slices. Truth be told, I was a little disappointed by this appetizer - I make a much better version of this, if I do say so myself.

For our entrees, we both ordered my absolutely most favorite thing there. This is honestly the best fish I've ever had in any restaurant anywhere in the world. It's a delicious piece of seared grouper that's served with this balsamic vinegar reduction that is honestly the best thing ever. 69 Oyster serves it with these french fries that are to die for and on top of a bed of sauteed zucchini ribbons. Topping the fish are these crunchy, fried green onion matchsticks. Finger-licking good, I tell you, from start to finish.

For a great lunch date with my hottie husband, I am truly thankful.

No comments: