Sunday, May 8, 2011

NYR 5-6-11 - a fun Friday night out

Jimmy and I had a busy Friday night, which is highly unusual for us. I went to the embassy late in the afternoon and met up with Jimmy at the Marines' Happy Hour in honor of Cinco de Mayo (a date late). We stayed there until about 8:30 and then left with a group of people to attend a birthday party at a very hip Mexican restaurant/club near our house.

Now what I need to tell you is that this group of people all went from the embassy to the restaurant in our little Toyota Corolla. Just to give you an idea of what I'm talking about in terms of numbers, it was me driving (because Jimmy never drives here), Jimmy in the front passenger seat, and 4 grown adults in the back seat.

Are you imagining a small little Toyota Corolla?

Are you imagining what was probably 950 pounds of collective weight in that car?

We were like a clown car when it came time to unload.

I laughed until I didn't think I'd stop.

For a really fun Friday night out from start to finish, I am truly thankful!

No comments: