Saturday, May 21, 2011

5-20-11 - aye matey!

Tonight the three of us went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. That's part 4 of this series in case you haven't been counting.

We promised Mac we'd go see it on opening night, but unfortunately I never got to the theater earlier this week to buy the tickets ahead of time. I've learned time and time again that failure to buy ahead of time is a big mistake here in Bogota (for "big deal movies" or even average cultural events), but I never remember the lesson.

So when I finally rolled up at the theater around 2pm yesterday, there were about 9 seats left, all in the first three rows.

That means we watched 2 hours of Captain Jack Sparrow.

In 3D.

From the 3rd row.

That's a lot of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Sounds like heaven, right?

I dozed for a few minutes in the beginning, but overall, the Story family's movie review is a solid two thumbs up.

Johnny Depp is his usual fabulous self, Penelope Cruz makes a great pirate, and Geoffrey Rush is always wonderful in anything. And the mermaids? Well, if you haven't seen the movie yet, these are you not your average Little Mermaids. It might be a Disney movie, but these sirens of the sea could not hang out with Mickey Mouse at the Castle. YIKES!

Great movie, great outing with my boys, and for that, I'm truly thankful.

1 comment:

The Stone Rabbit said...

Just catching up on one of my favorite blogs. I love reading your blog!!!! You had me laughing at Mac looking up "sex" in the dictionary. And I totally understand about Tuesday meltdowns!!! And, oh my goodness, congratulations to Jimmy! You have inspired me to update my blog one day......