Wednesday, January 26, 2011

the weather in Bogota

We have definitely been enjoying the best that Bogota has to offer in the weather department. It hasn't rained in ages and it's been so nice and sunny and warm.

This afternoon the clouds opened up, though, and unleashed all sorts of fury. We had lots of hail, which excited Mac a lot.
My herb plants getting rained and hailed on



one of my once-spectacular hydrangeas that (both) had to be pruned back because of a horrible fungus. Those little white rocks aren't some sort of Colombian Miracle Gro - they're hail. We're hoping they have Miracle Gro rejuvenating powers.




We even had rain and hail in our walk-in closet, courtesy of those great skylights that obviously aren't sealed very tightly. I wish I could tell you that little crystal was a diamond that I carelessly dropped on the floor because I have so many that they're falling off me. Alas, it's just a piece of hail. Doesn't everybody have that on their carpeted closet floor?

1 comment:

contigo said...

We had crazy Bogota hail once too. It was so hard that the roof of the Blockbuster Video collapsed. You know, before the Blockbuster was blown up.