Monday, January 31, 2011

NYR 1-31-11

Mike and Nick appear to be getting acclimated to their new environment. Since their arrival, they've hidden in the fake tree every time we go over to check them out or try to talk to them. Mac even put some of his toys on the outside of the tank because he thought they'd like to look at them, but even that didn't endear him to them.

The tide is turning, though (so to speak).

I just went over to the tank (twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke) and they didn't swim back to the tree to hide. In fact, one of them (Mike? Nick?) stared right back at me for a long time. Ruth told me I should be talking to them because fish like to hear people's voices. I don't know where she gets these things from, but since I already talk to them, I'll go with it.

Anyway, for pet fish that finally are acting like they like us, I am truly thankful (because pet fish that don't like us make me very sad!).

No comments: