Wednesday, January 5, 2011

NYR 1-5-11

Two things today:

1. We took delivery of our car about 5 weeks ago. I filled the tank up with gas when we got it and I have been driving on the same tank of gas now for 5 weeks. For that, I am truly thankful.

2. Tomorrow we leave for a 10-day vacation to the Dominican Republic (but more about that later), so today I "needed" to get a manicure and pedicure to be beach-ready. I was going to a little mani-pedi party this afternoon but knew I wouldn't have time to have both treatments done at the fiesta, so I had a manicure this morning at the salon a couple blocks away from our apartment. The cost for this beautification? A mere $4.25. The pedicure at a friend's house this afternoon was $7. For cheap beauty treatments, I am truly thankful.

No comments: