Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYR 1-2-11

This holiday season has seriously worn me out. It started at Thanksgiving and there's just been no rest for the weary. I thought things would settle down some after Christmas, but it just hasn't happened. On Wednesday, my mom flew back home after a little over 2 weeks here with us. On Wednesday night, we hosted an official work party for about 30 people at our apartment. On Thursday, I grocery shopped for the weekend's events. On Friday, I prepped for Saturday and we had family friends over for New Year's Eve to watch the Carolina ballgame. And yesterday, we had 20 people over for a big New Year's Day supper.

I was so wound up last night that I finally turned the light off around 1am and ended up getting out of bed at 9:45 this morning (after a couple hours of dozing off and on, lest you think I'm entirely lazy). It's now 6:48pm and I just got out of my pajamas and took a shower. Jimmy and Mac have gone to the movies and I have enjoyed an HGTV/Food Network marathon. It's been blissful.

For a day of rest, I am truly grateful.

No comments: