Thursday, January 6, 2011

NYR 1-6-11

Are you tired of my New Year's Resolution postings yet? I'm not because I think all day about what I'm going to post and that makes me appreciate more all the little good things that are happening in my life.

Today I'm not waiting until tonight to post because I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.

Well, that last part's not true. But we are leaving this afternoon for 10 blissful, warm (hopefully sunny and no rain!) days in the Dominican Republic. We'll get to catch up with our very dearest friends from Mozambique who are now posted to the DR plus we'll have 7 fab-u-lous days in Punta Cana. Me and my newly painted red toenails are R.E.A.D.Y.

So for a nice long vacation with my boys in a sunny (please, Lord!), tropical clime AND for catching up with great friends, I am doubly and truly and profoundly grateful.

P.S. I'm not taking my laptop on vacation because it needs a rest, too. If I can update from my iTouch, then I'll update. Otherwise, I'll post 10 days' worth of resolutions when we get back. But don't you worry, I'll be profoundly grateful the whole time I'm sitting on that beach!

1 comment:

Royster said...

You live in a tropical paradise and where do you go for a break? A tropical paradise. Ah, life in the Foreign Service.

We will do better about tracking and keeping up, and hope to visit you in Colombia. That makes one H-E-C-K lot more sense than you coming to Cameroon. Trust me.

Added you to our list of interesting blogs, and I'll read more of your happenings.

A whole lot of resolutions there.