Tuesday, January 4, 2011

NYR 1-4-11

Today we had Mac's (belated) well child check-up for his 8th birthday which was some 6.5 weeks ago. Turns out we combined the well child and sick child visits all in one!

Mac has battled a terrible cough and general cold-like ick for a couple weeks now but no fever, no swollen lymph nodes (that I felt in my very experienced medical opinion), and no real complaints, so I chalked it up to general cold-like ick. Turns out it was a sinus infection. (Thank goodness my reign as Mother of the Year is over because I surely would have lost the crown today.)

As of today Mac has started on antibiotics and a nasal spray, Since we leave on a 10-day vacation on Thursday morning, I am truly thankful that we went to the doctor and that drugs exist to knock out cold-like icky things.

1 comment:

The Stone Rabbit said...

What, no white towel with potato slices? ;)

Have fun in DR!