Thursday, June 9, 2011

NYR 6-7-11 - a day in the kitchen

Today I was very, very industrious. I got myself roped into baking for a bake sale this weekend and this has just weighed heavily on me ever since I opened my big mouth. These women who roped me in weren't happy with just a pan of brownies. They required hard-core commitment to baking, which, as you know, I don't like to do at this altitude.

So to conquer what I call "negative anticipation" associated with all this awful baking, I decided to knock it all out this afternoon at tennis.

I got banana and pumpkin breads and pecan pies all baked and ready to go. I also cooked enough chicken chili for 24 people so I could serve it at my book club supper on Wednesday night and freeze tons for us for easy meals. Then I made some easy add-water blueberry muffins because Mac wanted those.

By the time I was done, my back and legs were killing me, but I WAS DONE!

For crossing a lot of monkey-on-my-back things off my list, I am truly thankful.

No comments: