Thursday, June 30, 2011

NYR 6-29-11 - clean carpets

Today I got the carpet in our apartment cleaned.

You should not underestimate the power of a clean carpet.

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as Stainmaster carpet here in the BOG. The carpet in our apartment was brand new when we moved in (with the exception of a couple rooms) but within 3 weeks of our moving in, it already looked dirty. We had that first big work cocktail party and honestly, it was like people just tracked in mud. Then we had another work party that involved children eating brownies on carpeted areas and I don't think I need to elaborate any more on that. Then we had some events where people were out on the balcony and even though there's a huge rug where you enter the house from the balcony, I don't know how many people actually wiped their feet on it.

The carpet was gross and it was depressing me.

I needed to wait until after the going-away party a couple weeks ago but then one of my first priorities was to get the carpet cleaner in.

I left the apartment while he was working but when I came back, he was finishing up and Ruth commented over and over how dirty the water was that he was sucking up. It really makes me want to vomit.

Now I feel like we could lay on the clean carpet (while it lasts) and we wouldn't get a disease.

For clean carpeting with all those pesky stains removed, I am truly thankful.

No comments: