Sunday, June 19, 2011

NYR 6-17-11 - a girly day

I woke up sooooo tired this morning and really intended to lay myself right back down after I got Mac on the bus. I didn't even make coffee first thing like normal because I was so intent on going back to sleep.

I'm not a napper so why I thought I'd just be able to fall back asleep an hour after waking up is beyond me.

I tried to rest on the couch but kept thinking about all that I should be doing in anticipation of the party we're hosting tomorrow night. Nothing kills a nap attempt like a brain that won't stop churning.

And what I really wanted and needed and craved was a cup of coffee.

Just at the point when I was going to make a pot of coffee, a friend called and asked if I wanted to meet her at my favorite breakfast place.

SAVED BY THE BELL.

I'd not had a shower and my cowlicks were doing their bedhead routine, but I put on some clean clothes, brushed my teeth again, and marched myself right over there and had a ball. It was exactly what I needed when I needed it.

I was home by 11 when another friend came over to resolve some computer issues and have lunch. Still no shower, cowlicks standing tall and proud, but I had such a great visit.

I love my gal-pals!

For hours of girl time with two of my most favorite people, I am truly thankful.

No comments: