Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NYR 6-19-11 - Father's Day

There are two things (or people!) I'm particularly thankful for on this Father's Day:

1) My father was a wonderful, gentle soul and I do believe my siblings and I were the luckiest people in the world to have him as our male role model. He taught by example and I'm sure I chose Jimmy as a husband based on some of the qualities he shares with my father.

2) Jimmy is exactly the only person that I would have ever wanted to father my child. He's a wonderful, hands-on, roll-on-the-ground sort of dad to Mac and I know Mac is learning examples of how to be a great husband to his future wife and how to parent his own children one day.

For celebrating two great men on this special day, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Your daddy truly was an amazing man.