Tuesday, June 7, 2011

NYR 6-4-11 - a wet Saturday

Today was a nasty, cold, wet day here in Bogota. The temperature never got over 60 and because it was so chilly outside and we have no central heating in our apartment, the temperature inside the apartment was a cool 63 degrees maximum.

Jimmy had to go on a day work trip, so Mac and I were left to our own devices. We were supposed to have tennis lessons and for once, Mac was excited because a friend was going to take the class with him. And of course, we got rained out. We also had a lunch date arranged with a friend, but we moved that up to brunch when tennis got cancelled. I love eating out, but it was cold and damp and really all I wanted to do was lay on the couch all day. But there was no laying on the couch because then it was the grocery store and an engagement party.

For a long day in bad weather finally ending, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

contigo said...

Ooooh, I remember those days! I love that it is called winter because it really feels like it. My WY roots are bristling right now but I've learned that weather is completely relative!

Also, please look us up in July. We would love to have you over or meet you somewhere. Just let us know what works for you!