Friday, January 8, 2010

random musings from my midday ride through Summerville, as seen from the front seat of my car and photographed by my trusty Blackberry

1. Okay, there's no photo for this one, but I just saw a man driving a convertible with the top down. Two potential reasons cross my mind:

a. The convertible is stuck in the open position;

or

b. The driver, like me, thinks that 47 degrees F feels downright balmy after 22 degrees F.

2. Two photos, neither of which will do this truck justice.


Now Crystal is obviously the passenger in this truck as evidenced by the arrow pointing from her name to the passenger side window. The window is detailed with "C-n-D", so although I couldn't get a look at the driver's side, I imagine there's a D name, like David, with an arrow pointing to the driver's side window. And "D" is obviously the so-called "Country Boy" as noted on the tailgate. I don't know if D had an idea to start writing on the "top line" of the tailgate and then changed his mind or why there's that scribbling that looks like he tried to write Bubba. Maybe D goes by Bubba? Thankfully, we know that D, aka Bubba, aka Country Boy, can survive. And he'll always be able to find his truck. Let's just hope Crystal is a permanent fixture in his life.

3.
I know you can't see the sign up close. There was too much traffic for me to drive and click while passing by. This photo is from the now-defunct Checkers hamburger joint. The sign, which is made sadder by a missing letter, says:

CLOSED
THANKS
SUMMER_ILLE

My question is do they mean:
a) (we're) CLOSED (permanently but we do so want to say) THANKS (to you) SUMMERVILLE (for all the years of your patronage);

or

b) (we're) CLOSED (permanently now). THANKS (for nothing) SUMMERVILLE.

No comments: