Saturday, January 23, 2010

clarification on yesterday's facebook post

My posting was not an attack on Republicans. We're a country, for crying out loud, that was founded on political and religious freedom.

And even though we're also a country of free speech, I just can't stand to see political commentary - written by liberals or conservatives - that's juvenile and involves calling names that could have been made up my 7 year-old. I am not kidding - the post that was my undoing involved name calling that probably is circulating around the 3rd grade. So while we have the right to post what we want on Facebook, I have the right to not read it.

I love Republicans; I'd miss out on a lot of family dinners if I disassociated myself completely. So I will not de-friend you just because of your political association alone.

But if you send a gun to me...

Well, all bets are off then.

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Amen....I'm going to have to go back and read the comments you got on that last post. In my opinion, everybody GETS an opinion, political or otherwise. But when the name calling and bad sportsmanship starts then I am DONE. I have a quote above my desk...cannot remember the person who said it but it's this..."Rudness is the weak man's imitation of strength."