Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NYR 4-5-11 - a yummy supper

Jimmy's on an overnight trip so Mac and I had our lazy Dad's-away supper. This means cheese burritos for Mac.

Always.

Not even cheese quesadillas which require some semblance of cooking.

Just cheese and microwaved tortillas.

And who I am to argue? It means no cooking and relatively little clean-up. He's happy, I'm happy and while he's basically eaten nothing but protein and calcium, it's just one night and one night won't kill him.

Right?

For myself, I heated up some refried beans, cut the corn off the cobs we grilled the other night, made guacamole, and added a little monterrey jack for some de-lish little burritos. That grilled corn made all the difference. Well that, and all the guacamole I dumped on. It was just me and a few of my favorite things.

For yummy, simple suppers, I am truly thankful (and full).

No comments: