Tuesday, April 26, 2011

NYR 4-23-11 - all good things must come to an end

Today we got a 5am flight back to Sao Paulo for our return flight back to Bogota.

Sigh.

A perfect vacation ended.

Part of the point of our trip to Sao Paulo for me was to get over the enormous nostalgia and sense of longing that I still have for there. As they say in Portuguese, I wanted to matar saudades, or kill that deep nostalgia/missing/void.

In short, that didn't happen.

We had such a great time catching up with a lot of the people that made our two years there so amazing.

Even though we didn't matar saudades, I am truly thankful that I still love the place and the people as much in reality as I do in my memories.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sometimes going back to get over the nostalgia makes you miss it even more. I cannot wait to get back to SC this summer for a week or so but am already dreading the return trip to Oklahoma. I'm not a huge fan of this state, and coming back from a place & people I truly love will make it hard for me to readjust. But I know that I'll have a great time and those memories will carry me over until our next visit. Just wish you & the family were going to be in town that week! ;)