Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NYR 4-26-11 - chicken bog

Jimmy is the chicken bog cooker in our family. If you don't know what chicken bog is, you aren't from the lowcountry of South Carolina or you haven't traveled to the lowcountry sufficiently to partake of this yummy comfort food of rice, chicken and sausage all cooked together.

In the last 6 months or so, Mac has come to love chicken bog. That pesky sausage used to upset him, but now he eats it with great relish.

So on Saturday when we returned to Bogota, he wanted Jimmy to make chicken bog that very night. We canned that idea in favor of a quick meal at our local Italian restaurant, and I promised to make it this week to make him happy.

Yesterday I made a big pot of it, part of which Mac and I ate last night while Jimmy was out at a work dinner. Jimmy called to check in just as we were finishing dinner, and I told him that we'd eaten chicken bog but that it wasn't as good as his.

Mac butted in and said "it was just as delicious as Daddy's".

For being just as good a chicken bog cooker as Daddy, I am truly thankful.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love chicken bog! We just made it last week...was Bobby's first time ever having it. Chicken Bog is my second favorite Southern meal...second only to Lowcountry Boil.