Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NYR 4-11-11 - Liberdade and the beach

Today we made a quick visit to Liberdade, the Japanese part of the city. Gisele mentioned going, and I jumped onboard because the one thing that I didn't buy before leaving SP that I wanted was these beautiful little dessert places from a market in Liberdade. So today I got my dessert plates and some hard-to-find (in Bogota) Asian ingredients, and some beautiful little bowls to use for serving nuts and whatnot and I was a happy girl, and for that, I am truly thankful.

Lots to be thankful for today because we also took off for my favorite beach spot in the area. We came to Juquehy to spend 6 days and it feels like heaven. We checked into out usual pousada and got a regular's welcome back. It was very nice.

The beach is as beautiful as ever and is practically empty since it's a weekday/non-holiday, so it's ando peaceful, too. It's like heaven, I tell you, and for that I am truly thankful!

No comments: