Friday, April 1, 2011

NYR 3-29-11 - great haircuts and fast cars

Before our trip started, I rented us two cars. Jimmy was to drive this teeny little rental from his Thursday night arrival until Saturday afternoon. I had rented a slightly bigger car for Mac and me to pick up on Friday night and keep through our departure on Monday morning.

Jimmy got to the airport rental counter and the Budget guy saw a sucker in front of him. He said that they had a brand new Mustang in the lot and he'd rent it to Jimmy for just a little bit of an upsell.

Right.

Jimmy bought it hook, line, and sinker and paid the upcharge because he "is 40 years old and has never driven a Mustang before".

Jimmy cancelled my rental car and extended the Mustang rental through Monday, which turned to Tuesday, which turned to Wednesday. Needless to say, we made a car payment for a 6-day Mustang rental. But it was fun to drive, even if it looks like a mid-life crisis car.

Did I mention it was red?

And still had the paper tags on it?

And it only had 300 miles on it when he got it?

Can you say MID-LIFE CRISIS?

So while we got to drive a fancy car for a long time during this extended vacation, there was one major disappointment for me in all the discombobulation: my haircut appointment with my fabulous hairdresser, Luanne, was cancelled. Luanne doesn't normally work on Saturdays but she'd graciously ofered to come in and cut my hair at 9am on Saturday morning. I got that appointment cancelled on Friday afternoon in Bogota when I wasn't sure whether we'd make it to CHS by Saturday morning. I hated the idea of her getting up early and coming in on her day off just to find out that I was stuck in Miami.

The salon is closed on Sunday and Monday, so there was no way to reschedule since we were supposed to leave at 6:15am on Tuesday morning.

The singular bright, shining benefit of the Tuesday flight cancellation is that I got my haircut on Tuesday afternoon. I was soooo happy that Luanne fit me in. The stress of the trip was almost erased by those 40 minutes in the salon chair.

So for fast cars and great haircuts (and the best hairdresser ever), I am truly thankful.

No comments: