Wednesday, January 8, 2014

NYR 1-8-14

Well we're only in the beginning of January, but the school district has already used up all the snow days it had built into the calendar. I knew this day was coming sooner or later after 2 days in December and another last Friday, but I hadn't thought we'd face make-up days so soon.  

I was afraid that the make-up days would be tacked on to the end of the school year, which would push the start of summer break into late June, which just sounds depressing.

But the good news came yesterday that elementary schools with early-release Wednesdays (like Mac's) will just have full days on several Wednesdays in order to make up the lost hours.  So, for instance, to make up for last Friday, Mac will go one full Wednesday in February and two full Wednesdays in April for an extra 2 hours each of those days. 

I really loathe early-release Wednesdays so I am thrilled with and most thankful for this make-up system.  In fact, I may be praying for more snow days in order to get rid of those ridiculous early-release Wednesdays. 

No comments: