Friday, January 24, 2014

NYR 1-24-14

Today I left the apartment at 11:30 to catch the Metro into DC to buy Stomp tickets at the National Theatre (because I'm too cheap to pay a convenience fee that equals nearly 20% of the ticket price just to buy over the internet). Because I only had a 1-minute wait for the Metro, I got to the right stop by 11:50 and took a few minutes to wander Macy's since the box office didn't open until noon.  I walked the short distance to the box office, got the tickets, headed back to the Metro, got sidetracked at the Banana Republic sale on the way (where I shamelessly spent the money I'd saved on those pesky convenience fees), waited 7 minutes for the Metro and was back inside my apartment by 12:55.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE living in a city with easy, fairly reliable and affordable public transportation.  No fighting for a parking spot, no getting lost, no worrying if the car will start in the cold...  I'm very thankful  for the Metro system today (and for living right on top of a Metro station). 

No comments: