Saturday, January 18, 2014

NYR 1-18-14

I don't want you to feel too sorry for Jimmy, but he has to go to the Dominican Republic next week for work. 

I know.  

I, too, have the song from "Annie" playing in my head right now.  It's a hard-knock life for sure for our Jimmy.

We toyed with the idea of the three of us going to the DR for this long weekend ahead of Jimmy's work trip (in addition to the holiday on Monday, Mac has a teacher workday on Tuesday), but tickets were pretty expensive and there were no great connections so we were going to lose two full days in travel to have 2 full days on the ground.  

Then we thought we'd just go as far as Miami, and Mac and I would return to DC on Tuesday and Jimmy would head on to the DR from there.  But we sat on that thought while airfares crept up and it didn't seem like such a great deal anymore.

Then we had the brilliant idea to go snow skiing with the argument that we generally live overseas in places with fairly easy access to warm sunny climes but with a dearth of snow.  We put it to a family vote, and Snowshoe, WV beat out Miami, FL.

This was a significantly better idea to me a few weeks ago when the trip was still weeks away.  But as we're packing the car this morning to head out and it's (literally) freezing cold in Snowshoe, I'm less sure.

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:

For thermal underwear to keep me physically warm and for daydreams of beautiful, sunny Miami to keep me emotionally warm, I am thankful.


No comments: