Thursday, January 23, 2014

NYR 1-23-14

Today I actually left the house on several occasions. Mac had a 2-hour delay so I took him to school at 10:30, ran to the grocery store, came home to unload groceries, hopped on the Metro to meet a friend for lunch, walked home from lunch in the snow flurries, and went back to school to pick up Mac. We've just gotten home and it's a balmy 24 degrees out there right now.  But it's sunny so it feels like at least 24.7 degrees.  

Today's wardrobe for leaving the apartment (as opposed to yesterday's stay-inside-all-day wardrobe of pajamas):

Bottom:
Cold-weather running tights (bought 4 years ago when I had a poorly-conceived NYR to run again)
Jeans (as they're the only "going out of the house" pants I have which actually fit over the running tights)
Skiing socks 
Wool socks
Fake Ugg boots

Top:
Cold-weather running turtleneck (bought under same pretense as running tights above.  Thankfully neither has dry-rotted from lack of use) 
Long-sleeved t-shirt
Wool sweater
Wool scarf
Really tight hat that may be Jimmy's but it covers my whole large head and is super-warm and it doesn't give my hair static electricity when I take it off.
New Columbia jacket that on the inside looks like it'll microwave your torso
Lined winter jacket that I've had for 10 years that I broke the zipper on this morning (but I was scared the microwave jacket wouldn't be sufficent so I wore both jackets and velcroed the winter jacket on top.  The Columbia jacket is purple and the old winter jacket is red - I wanted that visual to be stuck in your head.

Today I am thankful that even though I looked like I shop at the place where the Goodwill rejects are sent, I was warm. 


1 comment:

sheena said...

so funny! it's all perspective, isn't it? Today it was 27 degrees when I took Katherine to school and we didn't wear jackets, or mitts, or hats. Just a light coat! Stay warm!