Monday, January 13, 2014

NYR 1-12-13

For Christmas Jimmy and I gave each other FitBits. These little wrist bracelets are intended to track your physical activity (how many steps you walk a day, how many stairs you climb, etc) as well as to track your sleep.  I bought Jimmy one because he loves to track the former and he bought me one because I complain about how poorly I sleep and he thought (correctly) that I'd want to track the latter.

We've been wearing our FitBits for about 2 weeks now.  The FitBit set an initial arbitrary goal of 10,000 steps a day, which I never reach because you'd probably have to exercise to walk that many steps.  Jimmy's training for a half-marathon so naturally he crosses the threshold all the time and usually before I've gotten out of bed.  His FitBit buzzes and lights up and gives him all sorts of applause for reaching the goal, which I guess is a motivating factor if you're into that sort of thing.

Well today, I burned up my FitBit with activity.  We walked all over DC to see the monuments with Gisele and her family.  When I finally synced last night, guess how many steps I'd walked?

21,660 steps.

Yep, you read that right.

21,660.

According to my FitBit, that's 9.49 miles.

For taking care of my fitness goals for at least the next two weeks, I am truly thankful.


No comments: