Tuesday, January 7, 2014

NYR 1-6-14

In October, Jimmy bought his dream tv.  It's humongous and he's happily watched a million football games on it since then.  We decided we'd give each other a sound bar for Christmas to enhance the sound quality in our viewing experience (as well as to hook up to our music via Bluetooth from the iPad).  We bought the sound bar on Sunday and were assured it was "plug and play".

Except if you're a technological moron.

We tried to get it hooked up together on Sunday night.  Finally I had to go watch the season premiere of Downton Abbey while Jimmy continued working on it, all to no avail.  Well except the Downton Abbey part.  That was watched very successfully by me.

This morning I came to the conclusion via my internet research that the tv wasn't recognizing the sound bar device.  I could not figure out how to make it do that so I called the Vizio hotline and spoke to a nice man who told me exactly what buttons to push and VOILA!  The sound bar worked.  Since the initial connection, I have even figured out how to stream music from the internet off the smart tv through the sound bar.  I might be the most brilliant person in the world.

For my {tongue-in-cheek} rocket scientist brilliance (and a little assistance from Royce at Vizio), I am truly thankful!


No comments: