Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hawaii - Day 7


Today was our last full day on Oahu so we decided to spend the whole day on the beach in Lanikai (our "home" beach). It was so beautiful and calm and perfect.

We left only to walk the 15 minutes or so to and from the Kailua Beach Park to visit again the Lanikai Shrimp Shack. Remember the fish tacos we missed out on the other day? Well that wasn't going to happen a second time. Today we were all able to enjoy these amazing fish tacos, of which there is no photographic proof. Trust me when I tell you these were piled high with blackened mahi, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and ranch. Yum.

And I got my first chance to run a food truck today! That might be stretching the truth a little bit, but the guy left us to watch the truck while he ran to the bathroom. All these people came up and I really could've started cooking to test things out, but I was still eating my fish taco and could.not.stop. As our "pay", the very nice food truck man (who made Mac that extra-large shave ice the other day) gave him a very big rainbow shave ice. A really, really nice guy.

We then spent the rest of the afternoon back on the beach - it really is a slice of heaven on earth.

No comments: