Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hawaii - Day 10

Okay, so I'm way behind on Hawaii postings and I hate to be way behind because it drags me down. I wake up in the middle of the night, thinking about it. Have I ever told you I'm a Type A kind of gal?

So the long and short of our last week in Hawaii is that I'm meant to live in Kauai on the North Shore.

I'm about 99% positive about this.

Seriously.

Wouldn't you want to live here, too?

On Tuesday, Day 10, we hiked 4 miles round-trip on the Na Pali (which means cliff) Coast. Remember this place is only accessible by hiking, boating, or helicopter.

Seriously off the beaten path.

I have to give a shout-out to my mom. Her grandkids call her Gigi and we sometimes call her the Giginator. Well, let me tell you that the Giginator was in action on this entire trip but particularly on a day like today. This was not your average stroll in the park. This trip in general has required a lot of physical work that was tough for this 40 year-old, so I can't imagine what it was like for the one of us on the trip who's in her mid-60s. Today we climbed mountains and forded streams and the Giginator hung in there the whole way. It was awesome. a view of the coastline from the trail
Me, still smiling, but we're only at the .5 mile marker

fording the river (more like a stream when we were there, but I bet when it rains, it's a rushing river)

No comments: