Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hawaii - Day 12

Today was adrenaline day on the adventure tour. Jimmy and my mom have both been in helicopters (Jimmy lots, my mom once) but Mac nor I had ever been up in one. Until today.

I'm not going to lie to you. I was scared.

A helicopter crash is not the way I want to die, although there was some consolation that a helicopter crash in Hawaii would be a better way to go than a helicopter crash not in Hawaii.

Mac and me listening attentively to the pilot as he explains where the fire extinguisher is. Just in case.

the Fantasy Island waterfalls. Da plane! Da plane!

Flying over and around and down into what is known as the Grand Canyon of the Pacific (Waimea Canyon)

the beautiful Na Pali Coast

We even saw whales from the helicopter!

And finally, our favorite - Hanalei Bay!

We ended the afternoon with the more leisurely pursuit of putt-putt at the most expensive, but most exquisitely landscaped putt-putt course I've ever played.

No comments: