Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hawaii - Day 2

You can take the boys out of South Carolina, but you can never take the South Carolina out of the boys. In case you didn't hear the good news, the Gamecocks beat the Cornhuskers in the Capitol One Bowl on Tuesday morning. Since there's a 5-hour time zone difference between Hawaii and SC, Jimmy had to set his alarm clock early to watch the game. Mac joined him shortly after kickoff.

My two happy boys watched the game in the hotel room while my mom and I went to the Ala Moana Shopping Center, which is billed as the largest open-air shopping mall in the world. I don't know about the accuracy of this statement, but I found everything I needed.

Once the boys picked us up, we headed out to Kailua on the east coast of the island to our rental house for the next 6 nights. We checked in, changed into swimsuits and walked the 5 minutes to the world-famous Lanikai Beach. If I don't return to Bogota on January 17, this is the first place I'd look for me.

No comments: