Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hawaii - Day 1

We started our first day off at IHOP. Yes, I know. Don't judge me. This meal is behind us and we're doing better now.

After eating approximately 2900 calories each, we went to Waikiki Beach to soak up some rays. Now my intention was to plop myself down on the sand and not get up until the next feeding. But Jimmy, knowing my deep-seated desire to know how to paddleboard, went and rented a board for an hour. Not being one to waste money, I tried it and found that I loved it (until I realized how far out I'd gotten and that I had to get back in).















In the late afternoon, we hiked up to Diamond Head, which offered stunning 360-degree views.











We ended the afternoon watching the sunset over the Pacific. Breathtaking!

No comments: