Thursday, September 15, 2011

NYR 9-11-11 - reflection

On 9-11-01, Jimmy and I had been in Maputo, Mozambique for just a week or two. We lived three houses from the embassy and I remember Jimmy calling me to tell me to come immediately to the embassy. We didn't have our household effects yet, so no tv, so I had no idea what was going on. I remember getting to Post One where there's a small tv and arriving in time to see the second tower get hit. All I can remember thinking is that if I were watching that in a movie, I would think it so unrealistic as to be unbelievable, but here it was happening.

For a continued hope of peace brought about by dialog and diplomacy and not by war, for a continued hope of security in my motherland, for a continued hope of "normalcy" in my child's life, I am truly thankful.

No comments: