Tuesday, September 20, 2011

the new tv line-up: the good news and the bad news

The good news: "Modern Family" starts back tomorrow night and "The Amazing Race" starts back on Sunday night. I really, really want to audition for this show with Jimmy because I know we could win, but I don't think he's terribly interested. Would somebody please be my travel partner and let's audition? I would be in it to win it with you.

The bad news: I don't know how I missed it, but I have just learned that "Brothers and Sisters" is done. And I am devastated.

Crushed.

Saddened.

Empty.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that show. We even named our GPS "Nora" after Sally Field's passive-aggressive character. When I think of all the dumb, silly, mindless tv that's allowed to stay on, my spirits sink even more to know that I won't get to visit with the Walkers every Sunday night. Sigh.

My trifecta of network television viewing is now down to two shows. (What is the double version of a trifecta? A dufecta?) If those two shows get cancelled, network television is dead to me. (Unless Carolina is playing, in which case I'll be forced to watch whether I want to or not.)

In the meantime, happy watching of "Modern Family" and "The Amazing Race". Don't call my house on Wednesday nights at 9pm EST or on Sunday nights at 8pm EST. I won't answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love Modern Family, best show ever!! Matter of fact John and I are in the midst of cleaning out the garage and getting ready for a garage sale...no easy feat I must say, and I told him tomorrow he is on his own...he said I would have to record it...ummm no, I will be watching it LIVE thankyou!

Sheena, Pete, Katherine and Lauren said...

Glad to hear you are an AR fan! We love the show! Pete and I really planned to audition for it, but you have to live in the US. Lame!