Friday, September 10, 2010

what $12 buys you today in Bogota

It's "change the flowers" Friday and the ever-wonderful Ruth showed up with all of the following:
She was apologetic because she spent $12 this week instead of the $10 last week.

(See those wonderful tall vases? I bought those on the embassy field trip to the glass factory. They were a steal and they have so many tall, dramatic flowers here that I had to have some tall vases to showcase those babies).

I re-purposed some flowers from last week and used these adorable little vases I also got at the glass factory. I have them lined up on my kitchen window and they're so bright and cheerful.

And finally these are the flowers that Ruth bought two weeks ago. They are still so beautiful that I can't bear to throw them out. They started architecturally as just the green stalks but have opened to these wonderful white flowers over the course of two weeks.

P.S. Ruth also brought her pressure cooker from home so she can make us some beans today. I love this woman.

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Just caught up on the last ten posts. The principal thing is NOT conducive to blogging or blog reading. I want to see the haircut, the shoes, and the new suits when they are done...oh, and a picture of Ruth. I know...I sound bossy but that's how we principals roll!