Thursday, September 2, 2010

lost on Lost

So I know I'm about 7 years behind the rest of the world, but I have just gotten myself addicted to the now off-the-air Lost series. We don't have cable TV or our household effects yet, so that means we're stuck watching the DVDs I packed in the suitcase for Mac (a couple of Star Wars films - no thanks) and the DVDs that Jimmy had in Afghanistan that he mailed here to Bogota.

Those DVDs include a season of Rescue Me, all the seasons of Arrested Development (one of the funniest tv shows in history), a season of Weeds and some other miscellaneous films. But the treasure of the bunch, I've just discovered, is all 6 seasons of Lost.

I sent Jimmy the first season or two of Lost in a care package after reading people's comments on Facebook about how they were hysterically anticipating each episode of the last season ever of Lost. I figured the show would be a good diversion for Jimmy in a war zone, but quite frankly, I didn't think I'd be interested in it.

Until Saturday when he suggested that we watch an episode or two.

That's all she wrote.

I am addicted. Hook, line and sinker.

I'm already done with the first season. This is alarming because there are only 5 more to go and what am I going to do once it's over?

I'm already done with season one because I am staying up too late to watch episodes, despite the fact that the alarm clock goes off at 5:30am no matter how much I had to know whether they could open the hatch. Then I'm good for a couple more episodes in the morning after I get Mac on the bus. Because after all, what can I do at 6:22am besides drink coffee and cry when Claire's baby gets stolen from her?

It's pathetic, I know. Trust me, I'm living in Loser-Land and I'm very well aware of it.

I love Matthew Fox as Jack on Lost as much as I loved him as Charlie on Party of Five. I know - it's another trip to Loser-Land to admit you watched Party of Five. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a tv drama mixed with a little comedic relief and shaken up with a little romance.

The only reason I'm not watching more Lost right this second is because the embassy is sending over a contractor to fix some things in the apartment and I don't want to have to interrupt the first episode in season two.

But if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get the DVD loaded, just so I'm mobilized for quick viewing at the earliest opportunity.

No comments: