Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday updates

1. I just got an email that I've been approved for Spanish one-on-one tutoring. I knew I could take lessons, but I thought they'd be group lessons, so I questioned the supervisor of the language school that works at the embassy. He confirmed that I get 156 hours of one-on-one Spanish, per Jimmy's office policy and that for 7,000 Colombian pesos (about $3.50 or so) for the tutor's transportation, I can have the classes at my house instead of the embassy. I would spend a minimum of 10,000 pesos for a one-way trip to the embassy and if I were lucky, I could catch one of the embassy shuttles back home at no charge (otherwise it would be another taxi), so there's a significant cost savings potential to learn at home. Plus, I barely have to be out of my pajamas if the lessons are at home and I save all that commuting time. How do you say "sign me up for that" in Spanish?

2. There's an OUTSIDE chance that our sea shipment may be delivered on Thurday afternoon.

Could I get lucky with such great news twice in the span of 30 minutes?

No comments: