Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

We lucked out with today being a holiday for Jimmy and a teacher workday for Mac. Since he attends a British school, the only shared holidays will be some of the Colombian ones and US Labor Day sadly isn't one celebrated by Colombia.

So how are we spending our holiday?

For starters, we've been lazy. It's now 10:05am and 2/3 of us are still in our pajamas. Jimmy, who slept in until 9am (!), must be feeling energetic because he's had his shower and is now out the door to go have the tailor measure him for a custom-made suit. He's had two custom-made dress shirts made here and they are spectacular and relatively cheap to have done, so we're moving onto suits now.

Mac is watching Aliens in the Attic for the third time this weekend before we have to return it to Blockbuster.

And me? Well I'm writing you and thinking about the lunch Jimmy's promised me at the Chinese restaurant near here. I made shrimp spring rolls last night that were so fresh and divine, if I do say so myself, and I have now got Asian food on the brain. We heard about a great Chinese restaurant, and we're off to give it a try once he's finished being measured.

I hope you're having a great Labor-free Day wherever you are!

No comments: