Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the embarrassment of having a housekeeper

When you're a stay-at-home mom, it feels really decadent to have a housekeeper three days a week. Don't get me wrong - I can survive the guilty feelings, but it does feel bad. I feel like I should be curing cancer or something instead of surfing the internet when Ruth is here, so generally that means I leave home during her hours of work.

So today when Ruth got here, I took inordinate pleasure in the fact that I really was working. I am in the process of updating sponsor information on the corn maze website, so I was able tell her - truthfully - that I'm a partner in a business in the US and that I was working on the website. Not exactly curing cancer, but I could tell she thought that was important.

I kept working, but I could hear the blender going. The next thing I knew, she was bringing me a freshly juiced glass of passionfruit juice. She said it helps with attention.

D-E-C-A-D-E-N-T. I love this woman.

P.S. For you corn maze lovers out there, check out www.WestFarmCornMaze.com for everything that's going on this year at the maze. Everything's been updated but the sponsorship information. This year, there's a reward program with our sponsors, so you can get all sorts of neat discounts and free food, etc.

P.P.S Our sea shipment is being delivered on Friday morning at 11am.

No comments: