Friday, September 3, 2010

what $10 buys you in Bogota


Ruth and I have established Fridays as "replace the flowers" day around the apartment. We have one borrowed vase, two that I packed in our air freight (knowing that flowers are cheap in Bogota), and 4 old milk bottles that we bought at a little junk shop the first weekend we were here (again, because flowers are cheap and I didn't want to wait until our sea shipment arrived to enjoy the bounty).

Because the weather is bad today, Ruth took the very good initiative to buy the flowers on the way here. She spent about $10 and came home with all this. I cannot wait until our real shipment gets here with all the vases we own - we're going to have more flowers around this joint than we know what to do with!

P.S. I can count. There's one other vase with flowers in it from last week's purchase. The flowers last so long here that the six vases we filled today have had the same flowers in them for over two weeks. I finally dumped them all yesterday in anticipation of "replace the flowers" day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE fresh flowers! Even on the cloudiest day, a vase of flower on the table will brighten up the whole room!