Monday, March 1, 2010

two pet peeves I'd like to share

Can I share two things that have driven me nuts lately? (If you don't want me to share, please stop reading here.)

1. If you're in a checkout line, waiting patiently, and another lane opens up, I think the polite thing is to allow the person who's next in line to be first in the newly opened lane. This happened to me on two separate occasions last week - there was only one checkout open, I was in line and the line had built up to the point where some manager realized that more lanes needed to be opened. Instead of calling the people near the front of the old line to the new register, the people at the back of the line ran over and ended up getting out of the store faster than I did.

2. If a person drives a big car (as in an SUV or minivan, like I used to drive), and he pulls up to a stop sign that has a left turn lane and a right turn lane (as in the exit to my subdivision), he needs to realize that people in little cockroach cars like the one I currently drive cannot see over him if he pulls all the way up to the stop sign. Therefore I can never make a turn until he moves because I have no idea if a tractor-trailer is coming and just happens to be hidden by his huge vehicle.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. I feel much better.

No comments: