Wednesday, March 10, 2010

baseball is just around the corner

Yesterday I got a call from Mac's baseball coach. He only wanted my email address so he could send out an email to everybody when the practice schedule is released. I gave him my email and asked him to confirm that there would be one, maybe two, practices per week.

If I had obligated myself to be a coach, I would know how many nights a week I was committed.

But the coach said he had no idea.

This leads me to believe that either a) the coach has nothing else going on in his life so it really doesn't matter if baseball takes up one or seven nights; or b) it doesn't matter how many nights he has to coach because his child's future as a professional baseball player starts NOW.

Either choice is scary to me, but I'm inclined to believe that here in Summerville, SC, we might be leaning to choice "b".

No comments: