Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I knew there was something I had in common with a supermodel

Do you remember who Isabeli Fontana is? You might not, but she's ingrained in my memory forever. She is the mother of one of the children Mac was in kindergarten with in Sao Paulo. She happens to be about 23 and she's a supermodel. She's young, beautiful, perfect skin, tall, skinny, etc. Which, of course, is intimidating to a middle-aged (sorry, Caroline) frumpy housewife who thinks clothes from Target border on haute couture.

Today I picked up the latest edition of my guilty reading pleasure, Vanity Fair magazine, and flipped through the first few pages where I saw this ad:

Clearly Isabeli and I could have been best friends because we both love Gap. Who knew?

Granted, I buy my jeans a little looser and I utilize a few more buttons on my shirt and I use undergarments that she might not bother with, but we clearly both have an affinity for denim. I even own some old Gap jeans that are vintage because of age and not because of the latest trend that have patches on them that I wear at the corn maze.

I'm sure Isabeli never sported a big bad perm in 1987. In fact, she might not have even been born in 1987. But we could girl talk about jeans and raising boys and her love of Argentine polo players and jetsetting to model shoots. Maybe I could give her some tips for cooking in her crockpot and using a toothbrush to clean grout. Really, the possibilities are endless for what we could bond over.

I think we might be kindred spirits.

No comments: