Tuesday, March 23, 2010

little league might just kill me

1. We were told tonight that we had to buy a cup for our sons per Little League rules. I will admit that my first inclination was to think they meant a water bottle because "cups" are not part of my existence. Before I embarrassed myself, I realized what sort of cup they were talking about. So tomorrow will be a trip to the sports store to buy my first cup. I feel like such a man.

2. The coach remains MIA. The little league president called him today and couldn't get him, so he gets one more day before he gets the coaching boot. Remember the woman I told you about at Saturday's game? Her husband is going to be the coach if MIA Coach doesn't show up. Mac will be ready for MLB sooner rather than later. Seriously, this guy coached tonight and was very, very good and patient. He has decades of experience in Little League and is going to be great for our team.

3. They've added a Sunday practice. That means we'll have been at that ballfield last Saturday, Monday (yesterday), Tuesday (today), Wednesday (tomorrow), Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday before - hopefully - there's a break. Do these people not have a life??? I might not have that much of a life either, but I'd like the option to eat dinner out once in awhile. I have too many other decisions to make so good for me that the options have been reduced to Friday.

No comments: