Monday, September 22, 2014

9-22-14

I drove down to the rental house to clean today. 

These people lived like animals. 

Well, not quite like animals, but I'm sure they must have all been sick a lot. 

The evicted tenants have three young children. By young, I mean under 5. Like the youngest was born in January. 

The house smells like you're rolling around in an ashtray.  Like your head's stuffed in a plastic bag full of cigarette smoke. They must have smoked nonstop all the time. Just puffing black grossness into their babies' lungs. Awesome. 

The black tar had to compete with all the dust for lung real estate. Who doesn't at some point dust their ceiling fans (below) or the tops of their window and door frames?!?!?

After I tackled the "easy" dusting, I moved on to the kitchen. The cabinets have never been wiped out, I'm sure. Between loose spaghetti noodles, crushed up crackers and a lot of Toast-Chee peanut cracker bits (below), I could've made myself lunch. 

I tried to clean the wall behind the stove, but none of the products I had with me had sufficient grease-busting capacity. I'm buying a new bottle of something before I return on Thursday, so I can get this wall clean:

I finally gave up and came home when I ran out of Windex and my multipurpose cleaner. Thursday's a new day. 

In the meantime, I've decided if this is how even a fraction of Americans live and manage to stay relatively healthy, we can start eating on my bathroom floor right by the toilet because I know it's cleaner than what I saw today. 

No comments: