Tuesday, September 16, 2014

9-16-14

It is now 1:30, and I'm ready for this day to end already. 

Last week we had to evict the tenants at our rental house near Fredericksburg for failure to pay.  I drove down this morning to meet with our new property manager and to meet a painter for a quote. 

When I was about 5 minutes away from the house (the one-way trip is 1.5 hours), Leo threw up several times in the car. Thankfully I had a sheet under him which caught most of the vomit. 

As soon as I pulled up at the house, I hopped out and rounded the back end of the car, only to be met by a very large dog. I tried to shoo him away and he started coming towards me, so I jumped back into the car. I called the former tenant who said it wasn't their dog. 

I pulled the car up as close to the house as I could and made a dash to unlock the door, only to find the keys the tenant returned to us didn't work. 

I ran back to the car and called the tenants back. They found other keys and promised to bring them. 

While I was waiting for the right keys to show up, the people showed up to bush-hog the 5-acre property, so the dog started hanging out with them. 

The keys were delivered,the painting contractor came and left, the property manager came and left, and Leo and I packed up and left. 

We got back home 1.5 hours later sans vomiting and settled in to eat lunch when the phone rang. It was Mac calling from the nurse's office. They were playing some game in PE when a kid tripped and knocked Mac over so his head hit the gym floor. 

I spoke to the nurse and she said he's got a knot on his head, but he doesn't seem fuzzy-headed or confused. She said I didn't need to come get him but that I should watch him tonight. 

(I'm so glad I refused to let him play tackle football for fear of concussion. Now he can just get concussed in PE. Awesome.)

Oh and did I mention Jimmy's in Panama this week?

We may go to bed tonight at 4pm. 

 


No comments: