Wednesday, September 10, 2014

9-10-14

Mac is taking Home Ec this semester. For those of you who don't know this, my mom was a Home Ec teacher, and I love, love, love that Mac's school still offers this always-useful and always-relevant class to teach life skills. They've been doing a segment on family life and will soon be doing French toast before moving on to cake-in-a-mug and sewing. I'm hopeful that by week after next, I will be served French toast in bed every single weekend until Mac moves away to college. 

Because the idea of baking in a mug was foreign to me before last week when I read Mac's syllabus, I was fascinated to see a recipe today on Facebook for a chocolate chip cookie in a mug. I tried that recipe and wouldn't make it again, but I googled and found the recipe below on thecomfortofcooking.com site. 

It is delicious. I would use the low end of the chocolate chips measurement, and I think a scoop of vanilla or coffee ice cream would put it off the charts. 

Try it: it's quick, requires few utensils, kids can make it, and clean-up is fast!

No comments: